Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What is a good antivirus for me to install onto my new computer? I also heard that antiviruses don&#

keep your computer from getting viruses? What's the point then?



What is a good antivirus for me to install onto my new computer? I also heard that antiviruses don't?pop up blocker



I've paid for several of the main anti virus programs over the past years, but found that AVG - a free program - works better than the ones I have paid for.



The program doesn't always keep you from getting a computer virus, but it alerts you if you do become infected, and then helps you get rid of it.



What is a good antivirus for me to install onto my new computer? I also heard that antiviruses don't?systemworks



you heard right. but that's not their job. for that you need two firewalls. a hardware firewall and two-way software firewall.



even if you never plan to network two computers together you need to get a router lke linksys to put between your computer and the internet. this router has a firewall (known as a hardware firewall) in it to stop stuff from getting on your computers and stops low level hackers using a port scanner app from getting into your system.



then you need a two-way software firewall installed on your hard drive. these take care of stuff that gets on your hard drive when you download stuff or load it in off of cd, dvd, etc. being that it is a two-way it also stops spyware (like free version of real player) from spying on you and reporting the results back to real.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment