Sunday, September 20, 2009

Should i remove norton antivirus and install sbc yahoo online protection suite?

I am aware that norton can cause problems when trying to use messenger and some other yahoo! services, so I would recommend using the SBC Yahoo! online protection suite if that is your problem. SBC Yahoo! online protection suite includes parental controls, popup blocker and antivirus software, and is extremely well-written and well-tested (I know! My husband helped write it! He works for Yahoo!)



However, norton anti-virus has auto updates of new viruses that come along etc. and is more powerful than the sbc yahoo anti-virus. The SBC Yahoo! one is designed for those who dont have any other anti-virus software.



Should i remove norton antivirus and install sbc yahoo online protection suite?norton 360



She is correct!!!



Tim from Indy, IN Report It



Should i remove norton antivirus and install sbc yahoo online protection suite?photoshop



I'm not familiar with the product, but if it has other tools besides AV protection, there's no reason to uninstall Norton--unless you're unhappy with its performance. You should be able to only use the services that you wish with the other product.
No.
Belt and braces !



Sure install the SBC thing (er, if it doesn't COST you anything?) - but why then UNinstall Nortons ?



Often it's handy to have a second opinion with ANY antivirus program - though I believe it can be "bad" to have 2 different ones actually running at the same time.



But no harm in having one always running, and just have the other on your PC but not running, so you can switch over if/when ever you choose.



(BTW, I agree with earlier poster - AVG is totally free - for personal use - and has been ideal for me for many years :-) Link below.)
Try E-pest patrol.We have it.It's pretty good.Plus, get EZ Firewall. It's great!
I think that SBC Yahoo is pretty good by reputation. Personally, I recommend AVG Antivirus Protection. I used to have a lot of virus problems, but now I don't. Thanks AVG!
I say yes. Norton and McAfee has let several viruses in, and every since I installed SBC Protection Suite, I have had no problems (2 years).

No comments:

Post a Comment