Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Can I trust AVG antivirus to protect my PC or is it sh*t?

i've used it on my pc's for a long time and I've never had a problem. The experts at the forum i frequent also love the product. (bleepingcomputer.com) Norton is ok if you wanna pay every year, but AVG is just as good plus as a bonus it's free..updates definitions every couple of days.



Who are you gonna trust? a level one that doesn't elaborate on his answers? or a level 6 that does?



To those AVG Free bashers, the question was if he could trust AVG to protect his computer. And the simple answer is YES. Sure it's not the best, but it's probably better than average and it's also Free. I don't feel like paying for the best AV program but trust myself to practice safe internet surfing / downloading / etc.



Can I trust AVG antivirus to protect my PC or is it sh*t?firewall



It's okay -- it's an 'active scan' product; the benefits are proactive antiviral protection. The cons are increased network i/o. There are passive scan freeware products available like clamav -- but you have to initiate or schedule a scan with those whereas avg tries to intervene on your behalf before the fact. They also do a fair amount of pattern research and indeed have had detection schemata online prior to the big 3 (Trend Micro, Symantec, McAffee) on several occasions.



Can I trust AVG antivirus to protect my PC or is it sh*t?husqvarna

No comments:

Post a Comment