Thursday, October 8, 2009

Running an eTrust Antivirus, possibly 2005 edition on my PC, how do I temporarily shut it down?

Cant find how to shut it down without uninstalling it, what am I missing?



Running an eTrust Antivirus, possibly 2005 edition on my PC, how do I temporarily shut it down?antivirus scan



I am not familiar with the anti-virus you are using but here two different ways that may help you achieve what you want:



1. If you have an icon representing the Firewall in your system tray (I think you must have one), right-click it, and look for an option that allows you to shut down the anti-virus temporarily. I do not know how exactly this option may be worded for your anti-virus but it should be something close (in meaning anyway) to "stop anti-virus protection."



2. Open the Task Manager (by clicking Ctrl+Alt+Del usually), find the running process(es) representing the anti-virus, and terminate it (click on "End Task").



To get your anti-virus running again, in case 1, right-click the same tray icon and select "restart anti-virus protection" or the equivalent option for your anti-virus. In case 2, to get the anti-virus running again, it would be simpler to restart your computer if you do not know how to restart the anti-virus process(es) manually.



In either case, you should not be connected to the internet when your anti-virus is not running.

No comments:

Post a Comment