Thursday, October 22, 2009

Why does my antivirus not finish updating ?

I am using avg and i get the message to finish updating i must reset my pc but when i reset the message i need to reset to update is still there, why is this ? and how can i deal with it ? i never had this problem in all the time i have used it



Why does my antivirus not finish updating ?network security



uninstall and re-install



Why does my antivirus not finish updating ?norton internet security



The program has either become corrupted or you very well could have a virus, as many actually are designed to deactivate security software.



I've used just about everything on the market, and the best is CA Internet Security Suite. It includes Anti-virus/spyware/phishing as well as a firewall and backup software and even an optionally installed child protection app. I've had Norton's and McAfee and both suck. Norton's is too big, and gobbles up cpu capacity as well as memory and McAfee just doesn't stop anything. Both also cause system speed to slow down to a crawl. I've used CA for the past 5 years, and have not had a single malware related problem since switching Norton/s.
Yep. I have also found AVg not as reliable as i thought. I've used it for 4 years.



Change to avira or avast. i'm using avira and it works fine, finding more viruses that avg just left behind. (all free)



If you stil want to use avg then you need to uninstall it and reinstall. Check its the free version still or one you have license for.



Using cracked antivirus doesn't work too well, or so i hear :D
Dodgy copy of AVG maybe?
My advise, get rid of AVG and install PC tools Antivirus, www.pctools.com. It is so less intrusive and works more in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment