Saturday, June 19, 2010

Why does Norton Antivirus block my VPN?

My computer has a VPN to connect to work, but auto protect and internet worm protection stops it from connecting



why is it doing that



when i turn off them



it works again but im not protected from viruses



what do i do?



Serious answers only (im fed up of stupid ones)



Why does Norton Antivirus block my VPN?nortan



I don't use Norton... (AVG Free and Avast, with Comodo Personal Firewall)... however are you sure your not using Norton Internet Security Suite and not just Norton Antivirus? Your firewall might be blocking it might want to check it out.



Why does Norton Antivirus block my VPN?noton



I'm using the same version of Norton, I do not have that problem.



I'm using the Cisco VPN client.
It's a bug in Norton Antivirus 2007. Norton suggests turning off worm protection temporarily, but your best bet is to update the program since the bug has been fixed: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav...

No comments:

Post a Comment