Saturday, June 19, 2010

Trouble removing Norton Antivirus and installing McaFee...?

I got my computer in late 2003 and installed NAV 2004 (actually the geeksquad did). Now since my internet provider provides free McaFee software I went to install it but could not since i still had norton, or so it claimed. I had long ago uninstalled 2004 and still have the disk but on the add/remove programs list it says 2003 and also norton wmi update. The 2003 only has a change option and i cannot remove the update. I get an error saying the network source isn't available and stuff about an alternate path. I really want to get this off and get McaFee on and the only thing I know is that there is three norton folders in the "my computer" section and also a symantec folder. I have Windows XP SP1 by the way. Any help is greatly appreciated and if more information is need just ask. Thanks.



Trouble removing Norton Antivirus and installing McaFee...?windows



Try the Norton removal tool found here



http://www.majorgeeks.com/Norton_Removal...



The Norton Removal Tool uninstalls all Norton 2007/2006/2005/2004/2003 products from your computer.



Trouble removing Norton Antivirus and installing McaFee...?antivirus download



I would go to the Symantec Website and download the Norton Removal Tool. Use this to remove norton completely, before trying to install another antivirus program. Sadly to say you are probably going to have the same problem removing McAfee as well. There are much better free antiviruses out here. Try AVG, Avast, or Antivir. You won't be disappointed. Oh, well its your choice. But regardless of your decision, I would highly recommend that you download service pack 2 for XP, in order to patch the security flaws in sp1. This will also greatly aid in protecting your pc from viruses and malware.



Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment