Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Why do Norton Antivirus and McAffee regularly screw up Windows operating systems when there are no v

My computer bluescreened twice with Norton, both my daughters had their registry files corrupted so we ditched Norton. Now my sister and her family are getting the same bluescreen and registry crashes with McAffee. What is up with the big names?



Why do Norton Antivirus and McAffee regularly screw up Windows operating systems when there are no viruses?download



Things like this have cropped up before and it has always been attributed to human error.



(for those who DON'T know, that's a quote from 2001 by HAL aka HAL 9000)



It's a joke people, I'm not in a particularly serious mood right now.



Why do Norton Antivirus and McAffee regularly screw up Windows operating systems when there are no viruses?hijackthis



Done and done. HAL wants to meet up at Starbucks. Report It


you cant use norton and mcfee together cause they both have a firewall and are colliding and your windows aslo have firewall running.turn off windows firewall and download zonealerm and anti virus bye Report It


I used to have Norton Antivirus before but I really didn't like it either I kept getting a lot of problems with it also, so I ditched it and went with Window's Live OneCare I like this one much better so I suggest you should go with that one it worked for me.
Yes, they often do. Both programs are resource intensive and are known to cause a number of issues, especially when trying to uninstall them.



Your best bet is Kaspersky Anti-Virus. Although it is expensive, it has an extremely high malware detection rate. The good news is that you can get it for free. AOL bought the rights to issue a free license under the name "Active Virus Shield". You do not need an AOL account to use it and it is a very nice and effective anti-virus solution. You can download it at the url below.



www.activevirusshield.com



Hope this helps.
Thats weird I have never heard of that...
This MUST be due to low RAM. You must at LEAST have 512MB of RAM to get this things run smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment