Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hi is my w810i phone safe without antivirus? what antivirus is compatible and how can i get one?

short answer: yes and you can't. while there were a few viruses made as proof of concept for smartphones and smartphones only...attacking phones that have an underlying operating system like Windows Mobile, PalmOS or Symbian OS. the threat of one of these phones actually getting a virus is silm to none, even for inexpierenced users.



second of all, there currenly aren't any AV solutions out there for cell phones. the majority of phones out there don't have the operating system required to be exploited and, they just aren't in the wild like they are PC viruses.



the w810i is a walkman-phone, and not a smartphone. therefore there is no worry about viruses. mp3 files normally don't contain viruses unless you've been illegally downloading them from questionable sources.



Hi is my w810i phone safe without antivirus? what antivirus is compatible and how can i get one?photoshop



While I agree with Jay Moore, I'll like to point out that non-smartphones also have a high risk not a no-risk of getting viruses on their phone (or is it vira, plural for virus that is). Anyway, the 3230 of my brother's girlfriend got a virus on the phone without getting at the memory card or at least that's what we think but either way, the phone's been taken for a "flush" along with the memory card but back to what I was saying, a normal mobile phone can get a virus especially through bluetooth communication especially at the cinemas (or movies in the U.S) where as I've experienced myself. Some files when you receive them are loaded with a virus or viruses (or vira) and this more often than not is sent out intentionally (you'll be surprised how sick people get, literally and metaphorically) and others (few actually) are sent out without knowledge of the presence of a virus or..in the outgoing file (you'll also be surprised of how much...or better put how little people know of their phones).



Best way to prevent viral corruption of your w810i is by not leaving your bluetooth on (it's logical cos your phone's battery dies too quickly that way). Also, receive files from devices you know.



As for anti-virus, my brother had one on his old 6670 so I guess you too can. He's about to put it on his N70 and I'll also love to but not until I get a 1GB or 2GB memory card for my K750i, cos then I may be less vigilant for viruses (vira, whatever!). I however don't know about cmpatibility but that shouldn't pose much of a problem.



gooluck with the virus prevention. and keep that phone well, it's a very good one man, cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment